Friday, September 22, 2006

That can of paint.



"My house is me and I am it. My house is where I like to be and it looks like all my dreams."
That's the refrain from The Big Orange Splot, written and illustrated by Daniel Manus Pinkwater.

I was raised by this mantra. And, if you accept a very loose definition of "house" I'd say it still holds true. Today, my house is my community, my relationships, my apartment, my career, my way of being in the world. I've never been one striving to look like all the other houses on the block.

Here we are at this, my inaugural post on my initial blog, and I am wondering, why the hell did I pick the name 'Big Orange Splot'? I guess I've recently been struck by how that chance occurance...that bucket of paint dropping on your head...might just be the perfect opportunity to express your true dreams.

If that makes no sense to you, then go out and get yourself a copy of the damn book. Or come over to my place and we'll stay up all night drinking lemonade under my baobob tree and talking about your dreams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home