Sunday, June 03, 2007

Making Like a Tanzanian Devil

Just a quickie post to say: if you are looking for me, well, I've skipped town. I'm in Tanzania until June 16th -- although it'll take me until the 18th to make my way home to Brooklyn.

I'm intending to blog about my adventures over here if you wanna see what I'm up to.

I say 'intending' because since my arrival here on the African continent I've come to realize that things take time. Especially online. A single webpage may load for hours. And access may not be all that easy to find.

This morning (or rather TODAY as this errand took hours!) I went into 'town' to try to buy some plane tickets -- but learned that the airline I hope to fly on Friday is cash only. What may be a prudent business decision for them sure is inconvenient for me. But in exploring my options I learned that if I hire a driver and rent a 4wd jeep, I may save $70 or so -- and although it'll take me 18 hours longer to reach my final destination (I'll have to pick up an all night ferry to cross Lake Victoria) -- I'll get to cross the Serengeti and see the Ngorongoro Crater. I can think of worse ways to spend 18 hours.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brooklyn Mallu said...

Oh no, roads in Tanzania are notorious! My dad has had to sit through many a pot hole there. Good luck. The crater is actually just a pot hole that got outta control! I am very jealous of you though!

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home