Friday, June 22, 2007

48 Hour Film Fest



I highly reccomend that you watch this film. It's called "Wrong and Write" and it was created by the production team know as Double Stunt Double for the 2007 48 Hour Film Project!



Written, filmed and edited between Friday June, 15 and Sunday June, 17.


Required Elements:

Character: Tetley Fairfax, writer
Prop: Conference badge
Line of dialogue: Well, if you must know, my father told me.


I attended a screening of films for the 48 Hour Film Fest on Wednesday night and this was, BY FAR, the best film shown. Aside from it being the only one with consistently good techincal quality, it had the best script, best performances, and was the most coherent -- so many others were meandering scene after scene leaving the audience somewhat in the dark about the meaning or direction of it all. Now, some might argue that my opinion should be seriously discounted as my boyfriend, Charles, is one half of the Double Stunt Double team and produced, wrote, and directed this film. But perhaps not. Perhaps I've already accounted for that bais, and even so, it was DEFINITELY the best of the bunch. That's what I say. His work clearly rose above - even assuming that I'd like it more than the others. We now wait to see if Double Stunt Double will win any awards or advance on to the next round of competition which would mean making another 48 hour film in September, with the winner of that round taking home a $10,000 award.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home